Chapter 2 Definitions
2016 CBC Revisions:
Chapter 2 Definitions
Revised and New Definitions
New Electric Vehicle Definitions
- DRIVE-UP ELECTRIC VEHICLE CHARGING STATION.
- An electric vehicle charging station in which use is limited to 30 minutes maximum and is provided at a location where the electric vehicle approaches in the forward direction, stops in the vehicle space, charges the vehicle, and proceeds forward to depart the vehicle space. The arrangement of a drive-up electric vehicle charger and its associated vehicle space is similar to a gasoline filling station island.
- ELECTRIC VEHICLE (EV).
- An automotive-type vehicle for on-road use, such as passenger automobiles, buses. trucks vans, neighborhood electric vehicles, electric motorcycles, and the like, primarily powered by an electric motor that draws current from a rechargeable storage battery, fuel cell, photovoltaic array, or other source of electric current. Plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEV) are considered electric vehicles. For the purpose of this code, off-road, self-propelled electric vehicles, such as industrial trucks, hoists, lifts, transports, golf carts, airline ground support equipment, tractors, boats, and the like, are not included.
- ELECTRIC VEHICLE (EV) CHARGER.
- Off-board charging equipment used to charge an electric vehicle.
- ELECTRIC VEHICLE CHARGING SPACE (EV Space).
- A space intended for charging electric vehicles.
- ELECTRIC VEHICLE CHARGING STATION (EVCS).
- One or more electric vehicle charging spaces served by an electric vehicle charger or other charging equipment. Where a multiport electric vehicle charger can simultaneously charge more than one vehicle, the number of electric vehicle charging stations shall be considered equivalent to the number of electric vehicles that can be simultaneously charged.
- ELECTRIC VEHICLE (EV) CONNECTOR.
- A device that, when electrically coupled (conductive or inductive) to an electric vehicle inlet, establishes an electrical connection to the electric vehicle for the purpose of power transfer and information exchange. This device is part of the electric vehicle coupler.
Other New Definitions
- ADJUSTED CONSTRUCTION COST. [DSA-AC]
- All costs directly related to the construction of a project, including labor, material, equipment, services, utilities, contractor financing, contractor overhead and profit, and construction management costs. The costs shall not be reduced by the value of components, assemblies, building equipment or construction not directly associated with accessibility or usability. The adjusted construction cost shall not include; project management fees and expenses, architectural and engineering fees, testing and inspection fees, and utility connection or service district fees.
- AREA OF SPORT ACTIVITY.
- That portion of an indoor or outdoor space where the play or practice of a sport occurs. [DSA-AC] That portion of a room or space where the play or practice of a sport occurs.
- PUBLIC-USE AREAS.
- ... [DSA-AC] Interior or exterior rooms or spaces of a building or facility that are made available to the general public and do not include common use areas. Public use areas may be provided at a building or facility that is privately or publicly owned.
- SIGNAGE. [DSA-AC]
- Displayed verbal, symbolic, tactile, and/or pictorial information.
- SIGN. [DSA-AC]
- An element composed of displayed textual, symbolic, tactile, and/or pictorial information.